| Sign In
HTTPS (SSL) Security
What is an SSL Certificate?
What is the difference between using your secure certificate and getting our own?
1. That the website really is what it claims to be.
2. That sensitive information such as credit card numbers and passwords are encrypted in transit and cannot be read by anyone else.
3. That the data sent and received cannot be tampered with or forged.
For Modwest Grid hosting customers, Modwest offers two types of SSL solutions:
1. Shared SSL through Modwest
2. SSL @ Your Domain
- No setup fee
With this option, the secure area of your site will be https://secure.modwest.com/yourdomain.com. To add this service, use the Add New Service Form (login may be required).
- $50 setup fee
- $75 for 1-year certificate (or $125 for a 2-year certificate)
With this option, the secure area of your site can be https://www.yourdomain.com. Included in the cost of this option is a unique IP address and the purchase of your own SSL certificate from RapidSSL. Your certificate will be good for one or two years (depending on which you choose) before it needs to renewed.
To add this service, use the Add New Service Form (login may be required).